If you wish to contribute content to any UNICEF UK website you must comply with the following Rules, in addition to our general website Terms and conditions which you must read also.
In these Rules, “Contributions” refer to any content posted or submitted by users of our sites, including but not limited to, stories, comments, suggestions and emails.
We are not responsible for Contributions posted to our websites. These Contributions express the views of the author of the Contribution, not the views of UNICEF UK.
Any user who feels that a Contribution is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email to firstname.lastname@example.org providing the information referred to at term 5.1 of our Terms and Conditions. Not all Contributions by users are reviewed before they are placed on our websites, and so we are reliant upon users to point out any Contributions which infringe these Rules e.g. by using the 'flag a comment' link within Tagd. We have the ability to remove Contributions and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. If you have a complaint about any content on any of our websites please notify us immediately by emailing us at email@example.com setting out:-
- Your name, company or organisation name if relevant, contact details (both a land address, telephone number and email);
- Details of the exact content complained of and details of why you are complaining about that content; and
- Confirmation from you that the information you have provided is accurate, complete and not misleading.
You must not post or transmit to or from any of our websites (nor link from our sites to) any material:-
- that is knowingly false or misleading
- that is defamatory, illegal, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, liable to incite racial hatred, blasphemous, discriminatory, pornographic, sexually oriented, threatening or invasive of a person's privacy
- which you do not own or for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals
- which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data)
- soliciting names, addresses and phone numbers of minors for any purpose
- impersonating any person or any entity, or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with anyone or any entity
- disclosing private or personal matters concerning any person, including personal addresses or phone numbers.
- revealing what appears to be personal information about another contributor that would identify them in the real world and which they have not otherwise made public online, including by posting links or URLs to any area that would reveal such information
- revealing email addresses not made public online by a contributor by connecting them to a known screen name used for posting
- containing photographs of individuals without their consent
- which has the purpose or effect of disrupting discussions, causing inconvenience or annoyance to other contributors or site users. Examples include:-
o making comments of no relevance to the story or topic commented against
o spamming, i.e. creating essentially identical messages in different stories or topics
o which we consider at our sole discretion has the effect or intent of bringing any of our websites, UNICEF or any of its campaigns into disrepute.
Advertising and soliciting business
Unless you have our written consent to do so, you must not use any of our websites to:-
- advertise or offer to sell any commercial product or service, including by posting your own commercial contact details (e.g. address, email address, phone numbers or website address)
- solicit names and addresses or other personal information for commercial purposes.
You must not use your access to our websites, or information gathered from them, to send unsolicited bulk email (spam).
The above list is not exhaustive and we reserve the right to prohibit any conduct or material that we believe may be harmful to any of our contributors, users, UNICEF or any individual, company or organisation.
You are responsible for all Contributions posted or transmitted under your user name and password or through your email address, whether by you or anyone else. Please don't disclose your password to anybody. If your password has been stolen, you must let us know immediately.
Please keep things civil
We welcome comments on the stories and topics submitted by others, but please keep comments civil and polite. Of course it is ok to disagree with someone else’s Contribution, but please keep comments constructive and objective. Please:-
- Respect other contributors and treat them as you would wish to be treated in return. Assume that they start with positive intentions and are every bit as intelligent and informed as you are
- Don’t get personal. Comment on what other contributors say, but avoid commenting on the person
- Don't use sarcasm – it often doesn’t work in written communications
- Don’t use abusive or inflammatory language
- If you come across an argument between contributors which seems to be getting out of control, resist joining in and instead please let us know by using the 'flag a comment' link (within Tagd).
You will be personally liable for any material you post or transmit to or from our websites. Posting or emailing certain types of material can result in:-
- Criminal liability, e.g. harassment or incitement to racial hatred
- A claim for damages against you by a company or individual, e.g. if you use copyright material or a trade mark without authority or you make a defamatory statement (i.e. a statement which is false and which may harm the person or organisation it is about).
- Don’t post any material unless you created it yourself or you have permission to do so from the person who created it.
- We advise that you do not include your email address in any content you post to our websites, unless you really want to receive junk email.
Breach of the Rules
Breach of either the letter or the spirit of these Rules may result in any of the following action being taken, as determined by us at our complete discretion and in some cases without prior notice:-
- Written warning to the contributor
- Removal of Contributions from the site (both the Contribution in question and possibly also any other Contributions by the same contributor)
- Request to the contributor to edit a Contribution
- Edit of a Contribution by us
- Temporary suspension of access to contribute content to our websites
- Permanent termination of access to contribute content to our websites
- Report to the appropriate authorities
Any person whose access has been suspended or whose registration has been terminated must not re-register as a contributor to any of our websites without our prior consent.
We shall be entitled to reveal your identity (or any information which we have about you) in the event of a complaint, legal action or request from law enforcement authorities arising from any Contribution or other action by you.
To keep our websites up-to-date and relevant, from time to time we may remove Contributions. We may also remove any discussion or topic that becomes extremely off subject, limited to a small group for the purposes of exclusive chat, or is otherwise contrary to the ethos of our website. Contributions are not archived and if removed no longer exist.
Our use of your Contributions:-
Anything that you contribute to our sites may be highlighted, commented on or reproduced elsewhere in whole or part, such as on the site homepage or in other UNICEF websites or publications.