Aim of the Course
The aim of the Project Management course is to equip course participants with tools and knowledge to enable them to lead the implementation of the Baby Friendly Initiative in their workplace.
Expected Learning Outcomes
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
1. Identify key components of a project
2. Explain why implementation of the Baby Friendly Initiative should be considered a project.
3. Describe the nature of Baby Friendly care and what this means for pregnant women, mothers and babies.
4. List key drivers and restrainers relevant to the implementation of the Baby Friendly Initiative and describe their potential impact on the project.
5. Describe the stages of a project and how each stage can be effectively managed.
6. Describe some of the leadership and influencing skills that will enable a Baby Friendly project manager to lead the project effectively.
7. Outline some of the tools and techniques that can be helpful when planning a project.
8. Discuss the nature and function of the project team and its various members.
9. Describe the role of stakeholders and ways to manage and communicate with them.
10. Explain the concept of risk management, as relevant to projects, and describe some techniques for identifying and managing risks.
11. Explain the importance of effective time management in the implementation of a project.
12. Explain the importance of monitoring the progress of a project as it progresses and describe ways of doing this.
13. Explain the importance of evaluating the effectiveness of a project and describe ways of doing this.