Aim of the Course
The aim of the Train-the-Trainer course is to enable course participants to deliver effective in-house breastfeeding training using the Baby Friendly Initiative training pack.
Expected Learning Outcomes
At the end of the course participants will:
1. Be able to identify key components of an effective training programme for adult learners.
2. Be able to describe a range of teaching methods and resources, with the advantages and disadvantages of each.
3. Have had an opportunity to practise at least one teaching method.
4. Have received feedback in relation to their own teaching style.
5. Have sufficient knowledge of the contents and suggested use of the UNICEF UK Baby Friendly Initiative teaching pack to be able to begin using it.
6. Understand the importance of appropriate weighting in relation to the various components of a training programme in breastfeeding.
7. Be able to describe the crucial role of clinical practice sessions in linking theory to practice and consolidating learning.
8. Be able to describe how reflection and review improve learning and to demonstrate how they may be incorporated into education programmes.
9. Be able to describe why evaluation is a crucial part of developing and delivering a training programme.
10. Describe some ways of evaluating the effectiveness of their own teaching.