Thank you for visiting this UNICEF UK website. For information about UNICEF UK go to About us.
Please read these terms and conditions (“Terms”) carefully before using this or any other UNICEF UK website or placing an order with us. If you are under 18, be sure to get a parent or guardian to read through these Terms and to discuss them with you.
If you do not accept these Terms (note in particular terms 8 and 9) please don’t use or order from our websites. If you visit or use any of our websites and/or place any orders with us you will be bound by these Terms, and they will form a contract between you and us.
These Terms apply to the entire contents of our websites and to any correspondence by email between us and you. Our Privacy statement also forms part of these Terms and should be read in addition. Some parts of our websites may also contain additional rules which apply in addition to these Terms.
General provisions – these apply when you visit or use one of our websites including when you purchase products from one of our websites:
Changes- we may change these Terms at any time, in which case the amended Terms will be posted on our websites and will apply from the date we post them, with the exception that any orders that we have already accepted from you before the new Terms are posted will continue to be subject to the Terms in force when your order was accepted. Please check these Terms on each occasion you use our websites. If you continue to use our sites you will be bound by the latest Terms.
- Using our sites - you agree to only use our sites in a manner that complies with all applicable laws and regulations and is consistent with these Terms and does not infringe the rights of anyone else, nor restrict or inhibit their use and enjoyment of our sites (including, without limitation, by hacking). We reserve the right in our sole discretion to deny any user access to any of our websites without prior notice.
- Registration- you may access and use most parts of our websites without registering your details with us. To purchase goods from our websites, or to take part in certain other activities on our websites, you need to register with us. Each registration must be for a single user only. Please ensure that the details you provide us with are correct and complete and inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provided when registering. You must make sure that you keep your password confidential. This means that you must not share your password or let anyone else access your account. Always ensure you log out of your account at the end of your session to avoid anyone else using it. You should inform us immediately if you have any reason to believe that your password has become known to anyone else, or if your password is being, or is likely to be, used in an unauthorised manner. We may disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms.
- Privacy statement - we use, store and process information about you in accordance with our Privacy statement. By using our websites, you consent to such use, storage and processing.
- Website content and user-added content
- If you have a complaint about any content on any of our websites please notify us immediately by emailing us at email@example.com setting out:-
- Your name, company or organisation name if relevant, contact details (both a land address, telephone number and email);
- Details of the exact content complained of and details of why you are complaining about that content; and
- Confirmation from you that the information you have provided is accurate, complete and not misleading.
Please note that no action can be taken without this information.
- You must not post or transmit to this website any material:-
- That is knowingly false or misleading, defamatory, illegal, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, liable to incite racial hatred, blasphemous, discriminatory, pornographic, sexually oriented, threatening or invasive of a person's privacy;
- Which you do not own or for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals;
- Which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data); or
- Impersonating any person or entity, or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with anyone or any entity.
- If you post or transmit to any of our websites any material of the type prohibited under term 5.2 above and we incur any costs, expenses, liability or losses as a result then you agree to indemnify us for all such costs, expenses, liability or losses.
- If you post or transmit any material to any of our websites:-
- You grant us the right to use, reproduce, modify and publish such material elsewhere in our websites and publications;
- You grant us the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content; and
- We shall be entitled to reveal your identity (or any information which we have about you) to any third party who is claiming that any of that material violates any of their rights or to any government or regulatory authority that is entitled to require us to do so.
- We may remove or edit any material or posting you make on any of our websites at any time.
- Intellectual Property Rights
- You acknowledge that all copyright, trade marks and other intellectual property rights in our websites and all photographs, footage, designs, images, text, software, data and other material in our sites or generated by our sites are owned by us or our licensors. You are permitted to use the sites and this material only as expressly authorised by us.
- You are permitted to print and download extracts from our websites for your personal non-commercial use and for private study or teaching purposes, provided in each case that:-
- Copyright and source indications are also printed and copied;
- No modifications are made to the materials and they are not used as part of any other publication;
- Any document is printed and copied entirely and is not used in a derogatory or misleading context; and
- The material is not used in a manner which may damage our reputation or otherwise be harmful to us or impair our ability to achieve our charitable objects.
- No other use of material in our websites may be made without first obtaining our written permission. In particular, you must not do the following unless you have first obtained our written permission:-
- Incorporate any material from our sites in any other work or publication, whether in hard copy or electronic form; or
- Make any commercial use or publication of any material on our sites (other than as necessary for the purpose of viewing the sites in the course of business).
- If you wish to use any material from any of our sites other than in accordance with term 6.2 above please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The photographic, text and other graphic images within any products or publications supplied to you are copyright works and none of them may be copied, reproduced, licensed or otherwise exploited.
- The UNICEF name and logo are protected under the Paris Convention. Other logos and names used on our sites may be trade marks of UNICEF or their respective owners. No permission is given by us in respect of the use of any such trade marks, names or logos and such use may constitute an infringement of the holder's rights.
- Whilst we encourage our supporters to campaign on the issues referred to on our websites, please do not imply that you are taking action on behalf of UNICEF and in particular do not state that UNICEF is taking, or proposes or is considering taking, action against individuals or organisations, for example, a boycott of a company's products.
- Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
- The information provided in our websites is intended to provide general information only and, as such, should not be considered as a substitute for advice covering any specific situation. While we endeavour to ensure that the information on our websites is correct, we do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of that information. The material on our websites may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such material. We may make changes to the material on our websites, or to the products and prices described in them, at any time without notice.
- The products which are supplied via our websites have been designed to comply with the statutory legal requirements and relevant safety standards of the United Kingdom. We can therefore make no representation or warranty that any product provided via or referred to in our sites is compliant with health, safety or other legal requirements which apply outside the United Kingdom or are otherwise suitable for use outside of the United Kingdom. You may not access our sites from countries where their contents are illegal or unlawful. If you do access our sites from locations outside the United Kingdom, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
- We take every reasonable care to ensure that all orders, donations and subsequent transactions are conducted via a secure link. However, the security of information and payments transmitted via the Internet cannot be guaranteed and as we are not responsible for the operation of the secure link we will not, unless we are negligent, be liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party obtains unauthorised access to any information you provide.
- We do not warrant that the functions contained in our sites will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that our sites or the servers that make them available are free of viruses or bugs or represent full functionality, accuracy or reliability of the materials. We will not be liable for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system or any other damages (including amongst other losses, loss of profit or loss of use) arising out of your use or delay or inability to use our sites, their content or any link to another website arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise except in the case of death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
- We do not limit in any way our liability by law for fraud or death or personal injury caused by our negligence or breach of statutory duty or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by us or our employees or agents in circumstances where:-
- Loss or damage was not reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when you commenced using our site or when a contract for the supply of products by us to you was formed;
- Loss or damage was not caused by any breach by us, our employees or agents; or
- Loss or damage relates to business and/or non-consumers (including loss of profits, revenue, contracts, anticipated savings, data, goodwill or wasted expenditure).
- Our sites may contain links to third party websites. Such links are provided for your convenience only. We do not necessarily control such websites and are not responsible for their contents. The mere inclusion of such links does not imply any endorsement of the material on those websites or any association with their operators. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to or from our websites, you do so entirely at your own risk. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all the time and we have no control over the availability of the linked pages.
- If you wish to link from your website to any pages of our sites you may do so only on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, the website page, and subject to the following conditions:-
- The linking text must simply consist of the website address;
- You do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of any logos on our sites;
- You do not in any way imply that we are endorsing any products or services;
- You do not misrepresent your relationship with us nor present any other false information about us;
- You do not otherwise use any UNICEF trade marks displayed on our sites without our express written permission;
- You do not link from a website that is not owned by you; and
- Your website does not contain content that is distasteful, pornographic, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- At any time and at our complete discretion we reserve the right to withdraw the permission to make website links to our sites.
- Payments - your credit or debit card details may be held within our system to help in the event of a problem with your donation or order or if you request a refund.
- If any provisions of these Terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any country which apply to these Terms, then so far as these Terms apply within that country in which those provisions are illegal, invalid or unenforceable those provisions shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and the remaining provisions of these Terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- If you breach these Terms and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies at a later date or in any other situation where you breach these Terms.
- Events beyond our control - we will not be liable to you for any delay in delivering any services or order or for breach of our obligations, if the delay or breach is due to acts of God, civil commotion, riots, malicious damage, floods, drought, fire, legislation, failure of ISP or telecommunications provider or any other cause beyond our reasonable control. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Law, courts and language - these Terms, use of our sites and the supply of products and services by us are governed by and to be interpreted in accordance with English law. In the event of any dispute arising in relation to these Terms, use of our sites or in relation to the supply of any products or services by us the English courts will have jurisdiction over the dispute. These Terms and our websites are provided in the English language only.
- All orders for products are subject to availability and we reserve the right to refuse to supply to any individual or company
- Your submission of an order represents an offer to purchase the products indicated by you and is not binding on us until we have accepted your order. This means that if a product is shown on our sites but is not available or is incorrectly priced or otherwise incorrectly described or if we are unable to arrange delivery to your address, we will not be obliged to sell you that product.
- Shortly after we receive your order, we will acknowledge it by email, detailing the products you have ordered. This email is issued automatically and does not mean that your order is accepted.
- Acceptance of your order for a product and completion of the contract between you and us will take place when we dispatch the product to you. Any products on the same order which we have not dispatched to you do not form part of that contract.
- The price you pay is the price displayed on our site at the time we receive your order apart from where an error has occurred in displaying the price. While we try and ensure that all prices on our sites are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of products you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the products, you will receive a full refund.
- All sizes and dimensions of products as indicated on our sites are approximate but we make every effort to make sure they are as accurate as possible. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of the images that appear on our sites. However, as the actual colours you see will depend on your monitor, we cannot guarantee that your monitor's display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the product on delivery.
- We do not file details of your order for you to subsequently access direct on this website.
- We accept UNICEF Visa card, Switch, Mastercard and Visa card. We cannot accept payment by cheque for orders made via the internet.
- Payment will be taken at the point of goods despatch (except for Personalised Cards & Inspired Gifts where payment will be taken at the order processing stage). In case of query, please call 0844 888 5545 (Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 8:00pm), quoting your order reference number.
- Ordering from outside the UK and Channel Islands - we can only deliver within the UK and Channel Islands. If you are not based in the UK or Channel Islands, please click here to locate your nearest UNICEF office.
- Postage and packaging charges (delivery to UK and Channel Islands only)
We offer two delivery options:-
Express Delivery is not available on Personalised Cards & Inspired Gift Cards
- Standard delivery - allow up to 10 working days* for delivery. (£3.95)
- Express delivery - for an additional £5.00 to the cost of standard delivery, if you place your order by midday (Monday to Friday) we can deliver within two working days*. Order after midday and your order will be delivered within 3 working days*. (This service applies to UK mainland only)
- Your order will be processed straight away, but please allow up to 10 working days* for delivery.
- *The delivery timescales stated above are subject to availability of the products ordered.
- We make every effort to deliver products within the above timescales, however delays are occasionally inevitable. If you do not receive your goods within the time quoted above, please contact customer services on 0844 888 5545. If we fail to deliver your order within 30 days we will notify you of the reason for the delay and you may cancel your order and we will provide you with a refund for the products not delivered. We will have no other liability to you in the event of delay in delivery.
- All deliveries will be made to you at the address specified by you in your order. We may, at our discretion and expense, deliver parts of your order separately. You will be responsible for the products as soon as they are delivered.
- If we cannot deliver the products to you at the address you have specified for any reason (other than when we are at fault), we will notify you and store the products for up to 30 days.
- Cancellations and returns
- If the product you have ordered is unavailable we may supply you with a suitable substitute. If you do not wish to accept this substitute you may return it to us free of charge using a pre paid returns label which can be found on the delivery note and we will issue you with a full refund.
- We want you to be happy with your order and so offer you a right to cancel your order and return the product in the circumstances detailed below.
- If you receive damaged products or the wrong product is sent to you or we supply you with a substitute for a product which is unavailable and you do not want the substitute, you should notify us as soon as possible. You may return the products and a replacement or full refund will be provided.
- You have a statutory right to cancel your order by notifying us within 7 working days of receiving your goods. This right to cancel does not apply to:-
- Products which have been personalised to your requirements, for example where a name or a photograph supplied by you has been added to a product
- Videos, CDs, tapes or computer software once you have opened them
- Perishable products (e.g. food and flowers)
- Periodicals or magazines.
- If you want to cancel your order before it is despatched please contact our Customer Service Team by email, telephone or post – see Contact us for our details.
- If you want to cancel your order once you have received it, fill out the accompanying delivery slip, package the relevant item securely and send them both to us using the label provided on the delivery note. For your protection, we recommend that you use a recorded-delivery service. Until the products are returned to us, you must not use them and must take reasonable care of them and ensure that they are returned to us in a re-saleable condition.
- Remember, if you want to cancel, you must send us your written notice within 7 working days of the date you receive the product.
- Information about how to return or exchange an order is also included with each shipped order along with your packing slip.
- Please note that you will be responsible for the costs of returning products to us unless we deliver the item to you in error or it is faulty or if we have supplied you with a substitute product. If we do not receive the products back from you with the delivery slip within 21 days of you cancelling your order then you must make the products available for collection and we may arrange for them to be collected. If so, the cost of collection will be deducted from the price you paid before issuing you with a refund.
- If you cancel your order in accordance with the above provisions, we will refund the relevant part of the purchase price for that item and the item's normal postage charge.
- Inspired Gifts
- All of the items featured in the Inspired Gifts part of this website are genuinely needed and used by the programmes that UNICEF supports. However, realistically, there are only so many of certain types of Inspired Gifts such as exercise books for schools or blankets for babies that are required and so if you have purchased an Inspired Gift your donation will not necessarily be used to purchase the item shown but will be used to help UNICEF UK to continue with its full range of work right around the world. You can read more about the range of UNICEF's work in About us.
- If the choice of card you want is out of stock, we reserve the right to send you something else.
- SMS donations - the cost of donating by SMS will be the donation amount plus one message at your standard network rate. For example: a £3 donation will be added to your phone bill of which a minimum of £2.67 will go to UNICEF UK. This applies to donations from handsets registered in UK and Northern Ireland.
If you have any questions relating to these Terms, please email us at email@example.com.
These Terms do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer. For information about your statutory rights visit the Department of Trade and Industry's Consumer Direct website at www.consumerdirect.gov.uk.
These Terms were last updated December 2009.
Please keep safe a copy of these Terms for your records.