Whether you’re a Twitter novice or a Facebook addict, social media is a fast-growing way to tell others about a campaign – including your MP.
Help promote UNICEF UK’s campaign actions
To find our latest online campaign action, visit www.unicef.org.uk/campaigns. Include the link to our campaign action when you are using social media and encourage your friends and followers to take action too.
General tips for social media
- Keep it simple but compelling. Make sure your posts explain what the campaign is asking for.
- Always include a link asking people to take action.
- Personalise your posts as much as possible – tell people why this issue is important to you.
- Retweet, reply and interact with the people who respond to you.
- Provide updates and feedback throughout and after the campaign.
- More than half of MPs now use Twitter. Look for your MP on Tweetminster. When tweeting to your MP, mention that you are a constituent using a hashtag, for example #middlesbrough.
Write a blog
Blogs are a great way to publicise your campaigning and to report back on MP meetings in a bit of detail.