Charity of the Year fundraising
As well as supporting us with occasional events throughout term, why not make Unicef your school's Charity of the Year?
With your commitment of a full year of fundraising activity, we can raise even more money to keep children safe from harm.
There’s lots Unicef can offer to bring Charity of the Year to life at your school, too.
How can your school get involved?
Register now and be the first to hear about the ways to inspire your school to help make a difference for children around the world.
Sign up to get started
Once you’ve registered you'll be able to request dedicated fundraising support, access a host of classroom materials and be the first to hear about new posters, information leaflets and reports.
In the meantime you can start by downloading Charity of the Year resources below, and get students, staff, parents and your school community involved.
- Charity of the Year poster (PDF) - Coming soon!
- November ideas sheet (pdf) - Coming soon!
More fundraising ideas
There are lots of fantastic fundraising ideas your school can use all year round to support Unicef:
- Unicef-themed ’Mufti’ day – pupils and staff pay a pound and come to school in head to toe blue!
- Cake sales – ask your top bakers to make their favourite sweet treat and hold a playground cake sale for pupils, staff, parents and the community.
- School disco – sell tickets, put on their dancing shoes on, have fun and raise money for Unicef in the process!
- Sports day – combine fundraising with your school’s existing sports day. Charge friends and family to watch and sell refreshments to boost your fundraising total.
- Talent show – dance, sing and show your talents for Unicef. £5 per entry and sell tickets for the show to loved ones.
- Quiz fundraiser – get your thinking caps on and organise a quiz. Collect an entry fee from every player and see which team will be victorious!
Know what you’re doing? Then let us know by registering your event so we can support you all the way! Once you’ve registered you'll be able to request fundraising materials such as posters, information leaflets and collection tins.
Need more help?