Here are some examples of how the donations you raise through your fantastic fundraising could help change children’s lives for the better. You could include these examples in your emails, or on your online fundraising page, Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.
Unicef is supported entirely by your donations so together we can help make sure that every child can grow up safe, happy and healthy.
Where does the money I raise go?
The donations you raise could provide medicine, food, water, education and protection to help make a lasting difference to the lives of children around the world. Here are some of the ways your donation could help:
- 12p = a vaccination to protect one child from polio.
- £5 = a snug blanket to keep a baby warm in a hospital, day-care centre or refugee camp.
- £10 = exercise books, pens, pencils, textbooks and other school things to support the education of a child for a whole year.
- £19.50 = mosquito nets to protect 7 families from deadly malaria.
- £106 = a sturdy bike for a child to travel to school so that they don’t miss out on their education.
- £136 = a school-in-a-box containing school equipment for 40 children to continue with their education during an emergency or natural disaster.
- £257 = water pump to provide clean, safe water to a school or a whole village or community.
- £1,063 = a temporary school or health centre for children who have survived a natural disaster, war or displacement to have a safe space to learn and play or receive medical care.
How fundraising makes a difference
Watch the story of 14-year-old Bassam, whose world was turned upside down when his mother was killed during the Syrian conflict. After such horrific experiences, Bassam became withdrawn and angry but he found hope in the most unlikely way, thanks to support from Unicef.
How can I fundraise?
from Fast 24 to running the London Marathon, there's lots of ways you can fundraise for Unicef. find what your looking for in our fundraising section.
Need more help?