Spread the word about your fundraising even further by using social media and contacting your local media.
Unicef is supported entirely by your donations so the more people who know about your fundraising, the more you could raise to help make a lasting difference for children worldwide.
Use social media
You can use social media to promote your event, let people know why you’re fundraising for Unicef and boost your donations. Make sure you're getting the most out of Facebook, Twitter Instagram and blogging by checking out our social media pack (PDF).
- Type @Unicef UK in your Facebook posts (you'll need to 'like' us first).
- Type +Unicef UK in your Google+ posts.
- Type #TeamUnicef on Twitter.
- Use photographs and videos to tell your fundraising story, show people how much effort you are putting into your fundraising and remind them to sponsor you.
- Tag other people, especially on Facebook, Twitter and Google+ to spread your message even further.
Contact your local newspaper or radio station
In your press release remember to:
We have an press release template for you to try. Make sure you address your press release to the right person - contact the news desk to get their details.
After the event tell the news desks about all your hard work and how much money you raised.
Need more help?