Unicef UK provide a range of professional development courses for registered schools on implementing the Rights Respecting Schools Award (RRSA). We provide these courses to schools that do not receive any local authority support or do not already work with other local schools as part of a cluster.
RRSA training brochure
Our training brochure for the next academic year (2014/15) includes dates, locations and a description of each course we are offering at a regional level:
RRSA training brochure 2014/2015 (Adobe pdf, 129kb)
Courses are available at regional training venues or can be delivered on-site in your school.
Regional training courses information
- Our regional courses are offered on a termly basis in most UK regions
- Participants need to book their place for each course they wish to attend. Booking deadline is two weeks prior to the course date
- Cost: £125 per day per person. This includes key RRSA support resources, refreshments and lunch
- The day usually starts at 10am and finish at 4pm
- There is a maximum of 30 participants on a course.
Global Learning Programme e-credits
Schools in England can use their Global Learning Programme e-credits to book their regional courses (except for the "RRSA for Early Years Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1"). Read more about the Global Learning Programme and RRSA.
- We also offer school-based training. The school's RRSA coordinator can have a telephone discussion with one of our education officers to tailor the training to the school's needs
- RRSA support resources (both print and online) are included in the cost
- Cost: £350 for a half day course or £700 for a 1 day course
Other training and support costs overview
To ensure that Unicef UK can continue to support children throughout the world, the Rights Respecting Schools programme is committed to recovering its costs. We endeavour to make savings to ensure that our schools receive the most efficient service and invest in our training courses, school support and guidance materials.
- Level 1 assessment £450 (+VAT)
- Level 2 assessment £700 (+VAT)
- School support £125 per hour
- Twilight £150 per hour for up to 30 participants
- Full day support £700
- Half day support £350
- Registration costs for under 50 pupils £50
If you have any questions about the training courses we offer please contact the RRSA team:
Tel: 0207 375 6059