UNICEF UK provide a range of professional development courses for registered schools on implementing the Rights Respecting Schools Award (RRSA). We provide these courses to schools that do not receive any local authority support or do not already work with other local schools as part of a cluster.
RRSA Training brochure
Please download our 2014 training brochure to find out course locations and dates, including listings for our brand new courses, RRSA for Early Years and Key Stage 1 and Another 101 Ways: delivering the four standards. Please download the list, which details training by both dates and location.
RRSA training dates 2014 (Adobe pdf, 494kb)
Courses are available at regional training venues or can be delivered on-site in your school.
Regional training courses
- Courses are offered on a termly basis in most UK regions
- There is a maximum of 30 participants on a course
- Key RRSA support resources (both print and online) are included in the cost
- Cost: £125 per teacher for a 1 day course (10.00am to 4.00pm)
School based training
- The school's RRSA coordinator can have a telephone discussion with one of our education officers to tailor the training to the school's needs
- RRSA support resources (both print and online) are included in the cost
- Cost: £350 for a half day course or £700 for a 1 day course
Training costs overview
To ensure that UNICEF UK can continue to support children throughout the world, the Rights Respecting Schools programme is committed to recovering its costs. We endeavour to make savings to ensure that our schools receive the most efficient service and invest in our training courses, school support and guidance materials.
- Level 1 assessment £450 (+VAT)
- Level 2 assessment £700 (+VAT)
- School support £125 per hour
- Twilight £150 per hour for up to 30 participants
- Full day support £700
- Half day support £350
- Registration costs for under 50 pupils £50
If you have any questions about the training courses we offer please contact the RRSA team:
Tel: 0207 375 6059