E-learning for paediatricians
Please note: We are currently reviewing our online training platform – look out for further updates about the new e-learning system.
This course allows paediatricians to learn about breastfeeding in their own time, providing them with the information necessary to support mothers. It also provides CPD points for the paediatrician.
Following completion, paediatricians should know:
- The importance of breastmilk and breastfeeding;
- Supporting breastfeeding on the postnatal ward and neonatal unit;
- How breastfeeding works;
- Managing common conditions such as hypoglycaemia, jaundice and weight loss.
Once paediatricians have completed the training, an email will automatically be sent to the Baby Friendly project lead so that they can accurately track progress. Paediatricians can then print off a certificate for their portfolio.
Costs and booking
The online training package is available to purchase in three different models, depending on the number of births in your area. Facilities will purchase a licence to access the package for one year. There is no restriction on how many staff in your hospital can use the package, so it could be used by any staff – neonatal practitioners, paediatric ward staff, midwives, students – that you thought it would be useful to share the training with. Renewals for subsequent years will be cheaper than the first year.
- 0 – 2,000 births per year: £500 for the first year, £300 for each additional year
- 2,000 – 5,000 births per year: £750 per year, £475 for each additional year
- 5,000+ births per year: £1,000 per year, £600 for each additional year.
Contact the Baby Friendly office if you are looking to purchase the package for several hospitals as part of a Trust or Health Board