Join Schools #BakeForSYRIA
Host a bake for Syria sale at your school this winter
What is #BakeForSYRIA?
Throughout this winter, we’re asking schools like yours to host a #BakeForSYRIA sale and raise money to help us protect Syrian children.
How do we take part?
Holding a #BakeForSYRIA sale at your school is easy, just follow the handy checklist below:
1. First of all use our special Syrian-inspired Barazek shortbread recipe and run baking and biscuit decorating sessions in class, at break time or after school.
2. Ask parents and staff to make and bring in their favourite festive treats too.
3. Download posters, bunting and order free balloons to make your stall stand out!
4. Set up a #BakeForSYRIA stand at school events throughout – at the carol concert, Christmas fair, break times or even at the school gates for hungry parents.
5. Finally, collect and count your fundraising money and send a cheque or bank receipt to Unicef with the form below.
Why fundraise for Syria?
One in three Syrian children have grown up knowing only crisis. Their childhoods have been shaped by danger, fear and insecurity. These children should be safe and warm. They should be in school; playing, learning and living like any other child. Inside Syria and the refugee camps, children urgently need access to life-saving food, water and medical care.
If I wasn’t going to school, I’d just sit at home and I don’t want that.
Going to school is a lot better because I want to learn.
Christina, 9, from Syria
Resources to help your #BakeForSYRIA
Get started and make your #BakeForSYRIA sale a fundraising success with these free, handy materials.