Sweepstake competitions are a great way to raise money
They are easy to set up and a fantastic opportunity to get your friends, family and colleagues involved in supporting Unicef’s work. You can create a sweepstake for just about anything, from predicting your finish time in a race to guessing how many sweets there are in a jar – the choice is yours.
Charity sweepstake rules for success
- Decide the competition for your sweepstake. For example, guess your race time or the results of a popular event like Eurovision, the Grand National or Wimbledon.
- Set the price of each entry e.g. £5.
- Ask your family, friends (or colleagues if it’s an office sweepstake) to make a donation for their entry.
- They can pick a possible result from a hat or you can give them one at random.
- Whoever guesses correctly wins a prize and the money raised from the entries will be donated to Unicef.