Unicef UK Annual Report 2015
In 2015, supporters helped Unicef UK raise a record £100.7 million for children in danger, according to our latest annual Trustees Report.
Your support helped us provide:
- Emergency aid for children in 19 countries and regions
- 24 million tetanus vaccines for mums and babies through our Pampers 1 pack = 1 vaccine campaign
- 1 million sets of winter clothing for the children of Syria
- 1,400 temporary schools for children affected by the earthquakes in Nepal
- and much, much more.
In the UK:
- 90 per cent of maternity units are working towards our Baby Friendly standards
- More than 1.3 million children now attend a Rights Respecting School.
- 76,000 people signed our petition to protect children caught in wars and disasters.
It has been a momentous year for Unicef UK’s work to raise money and campaign for children in danger around the world. Our income passed £100 million for the first time – an increase of 7% on last year. Thanks to the wonderful generosity of our supporters, ambassadors and partners this landmark figure means that we can do more to protect children than ever before. Yet our fundraising and campaigns have never been so vital, as children around the world face unprecedented dangers from war and disaster, disease and hunger, abuse and exploitation.
Thank you to everyone who helped us achieve so much for children in 2015.