UNICEF UK Trustees’ Report and Consolidated Financial Statements 2014
In 2014, supporters helped Unicef UK raise a record £93.7 million for children in danger, according to our latest annual report.
Highlights included our fifth Soccer Aid event, which raised £6.5 million to keep children safe, and the opening ceremony of the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games, where more than 1 billion people saw Unicef’s work for children around the world.
Your support helped Unicef provide:
- Emergency aid for children in 19 countries and regions
- 24 million tetanus vaccines for mums and babies through our Pampers 1 pack = 1 vaccine campaign
- 1 million sets of winter clothing for the children of Syria
- Specialised treatment and care for children and parents affected by Ebola
- and much, much more.
In the UK:
- 90 per cent of maternity units are working towards our Baby Friendly standards
- More than 1 million children now attend a Rights Respecting School.
- 65,000 people signed our petition to protect trafficked children.
Thank you to everyone who helped us achieve so much for children in 2014.