Bronze: Rights Committed is the first stage of the Rights Respecting Schools Award
It is primarily a planning stage for the second stage of the RRSA, Silver: Rights Committed. When you are ready, you will supply documented evidence of your school’s commitment and how you intend to become rights respecting.
We estimate it takes a school between 3-6 months to achieve Bronze. There is no assessment visit for Bronze.
Achieving the Bronze: Rights Committed means there is evidence that:
- You have introduced the RRSA Three Strands into your school community
- Your school’s senior leadership team (SLT) understands what is involved in the Award and is committed to embarking on the Unicef UK rights respecting journey
- The right foundations are in place for your school’s journey to the second stage of the Award, Silver: Rights Aware
We have two training courses to help registered schools achieve Bronze: Rights Committed:
- Starting RRSA Part 1 – Face to face training for one day, facilitated by a Professional Adviser and joined by fellow teachers to share your progress with other schools at the same stage
- Starting RRSA Online – An online learning course to help kick-start your RRSA journey, with guidance from a Professional Adviser and online discussion forums with fellow teachers
Find out how to start working towards and applying for Bronze.