Article of the Week is a regular set of learning activities centred on a specific article.
This flexible resource is intended to provide you with easy to use, appropriate rights-related learning to share with your children, their families and your colleagues.
Each week we will provide a fresh slide set containing a variety of learning ideas for both primary and secondary students.
We advise teachers to check the pack to ensure that activities will work for their learners and also remove any content that isn’t relevant to your pupils.
If your pupils produce any creative work from this, please share on the RRSA Facebook community group, or on Twitter using hashtag #RRSA.
- Article 2 – Non-discrimination
- Article 3 – Best interests of the child
- Article 7 – Birth registration, name, nationality, care
- Article 12 – Respect for the views of the child
- Article 13 – Sharing thoughts freely
- Article 14 – Freedom of thought, belief and religion
- Article 15 – Freedom of association
- Article 17 – Access to information
- Article 19 – Protection from violence, abuse and neglect
- Article 23 – Children with disabilities
- Article 24 – Health and health services
- Article 24 – Mental health
- Article 28 – The right to education
- Article 29 – The goals of education
- Article 30 – Minority or indigenous groups, culture, language and religion
- Article 31 – Rest, play, culture and arts
- Article 38 – Protection from war
- Article 42 – Knowledge of rights
- Article 45 – Unicef can provide expert advice and assistance on children’s rights