Case Studies to support Linking Reading to Rights
Resources to support Linking Reading and Rights
Rights-linked reading resources
Below is a list of areas that each monthly pack will focus on along with links to packs that have already been published. The list of upcoming packs are subject to change.
Resources will be emailed to schools that are working towards RRSA accreditation each month, generally on the third Thursday of each month. Please contact your Professional Adviser or the RRSA Central Team to check if you are listed as an email contact for your school.
You may wish to add some of these sessions into your school’s plan for staff meetings or staff training.
- August – Spotlight on Being a Rights Respecting School including a recap on Articles 28 and 29 and RRSA strands and outcomes.
- September – Spotlight on Equality and Inclusion in a Rights Respecting School, ahead of Black History Month.
- October – Spotlight on developing your campaigning work with children and young people
- November – Spotlight on understanding and using Rights Respecting language.
- December – Spotlight on engaging families and the wider community with your Rights Respecting work.
- January – Spotlight on using rights to strengthen your work on wellbeing.
- February – Spotlight on threading rights through your curriculum using literature.
- March – Spotlight on using rights to strengthen your work on positive relationships.
- April – Spotlight on exploring dignity.
- May – Spotlight on strengthening pupil participation across your school.
- June – Spotlight on using rights to strengthen your work on safeguarding