Our user friendly e-learning platform enables users to work at their own pace while gaining a strong foundation of knowledge around supporting infant feeding and parent-infant relationship building.
If you are already registered in the system, visit https://babyfriendly.litmos.com to login.
Please note: This e-learning package was reviewed in 2019 and a new e-learning platform is in use. Previous login details will be inactive; please contact the Baby Friendly office to discuss subscriptions.
The course is split into modules, allowing learners to pause and resume where they left off. The course provides CPD points for the GP.
Following completion, GPs should know:
- How breastfeeding works
- How to treat common breast conditions (e.g. mastitis, thrush)
- How to access a reliable reference source for prescribing drugs for breastfeeding mothers
- How to refer mothers to the most appropriate professional for breastfeeding help and support (particularly when a baby is failing to thrive).
For group subscriptions, you will be able to assign administrative level access as you require; these staff members will be able to track colleagues’ progress with the package and manage users. You will also be given a self sign-up code to help users register directly. Upon completion of the training, GPs can print off a certificate for their portfolio.
Costs and booking
The online training package is available to purchase for either individuals or groups.
- Individual: £20 for one year’s access
- Groups of 10-49: £15 each for one year’s access
- Groups of 50 or above: contact the Baby Friendly office for a bespoke quote