We are here to support you as more children return to school, whenever and however that happens.
As more children return to school their experiences as well as their rights must be respected. By placing children’s rights at the heart of your planning you can be sure that you are making decisions that are in the best interests of your pupils.
For many young people this period of crisis will have seen their rights denied in tangible way perhaps for the first time. We believe an approach based on children’s rights should be at the heart of your school’s response.
- Producing guidance on the key rights to focus on as you plan for reopening and providing advice on engaging with children and young people to gather their views on returning to school.
- Publishing a weekly resource pack, Article of the Week, focusing on a single right each week.
- Providing streamlined guidance on Achieving Bronze during the Coronavirus. We will follow on with guidance on Silver and Gold in June.
- Take a look at our resources to help children and young people learn about rights. Many of these activities can be adapted to take place at home.
- Join our online community of Rights Respecting teachers.
- Share your thoughts on what might be useful for schools like yours and if there is any way we can support your further.