We are delighted to announce that booking is now open for the 2013 conference, which will take place at the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre (SECC), Glasgow on 27 & 28 November.
The UNICEF UK Baby Friendly Initiative's conference for health professionals and others involved in the care of mothers and babies is now in its 16th year and is Europe's largest conference on infant feeding.
The conference offers a mixture of innovative, entertaining and challenging presentations on a wide range of issues associated with supporting successful breastfeeding.
Confirmed speakers include
- Sue Ashmore, UNICEF UK Baby Friendly Initative
- Sir Harry Burns, Chief Medical Officer for Scotland
- Dr Crispin Day, Adolescent Mental Heath Services Research Unit and Centre for Parent and Child Support, South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust
- Dr Maria Iacovou, Institute for Social and Economic Research (ISER), University of Essex
- Mavis Kirkham, University of the West of Scotland
- Theresa McElhone, UNICEF UK Baby Friendly Initative
- Jim Paterson, UNICEF UK Baby Friendly Initative
- Alex Salmond MSP, First Minister of Scotland (Opening address)
- Michele Upton, Innovation Lead, East of England Specialised Commissioning Group
- Sara Wright, St George’s Healthcare NHS Trust
More speakers will be announced in due course.
Both days: £220 per person (£195 with discount*)
Single day: £130 per person (£115 with discount*)
* Early or group booking discount applies if booking by 31 July 2013, or if booking five or more places at once.
Click here to book online.
Click here to download the booking form. (Complete and return one form per person to the Baby Friendly Initiative office together with payment, or a copy of a Purchase Order if an invoice is required.)
The Glasgow City Marketing Bureau is offering an accommodation booking service for delegates. Hotels can be viewed and booked here.
Thank you to everyone who came to last year's conference in Cardiff. Some of the speakers' presentations are now available to download here.