The 2014 Baby Friendly Initiative Annual Conference
26-27 November, Metro Radio Arena, Newcastle
Only one week left to book your accommodation
- Dr Dan Poulter, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department of Health - Opening address
- Dr Helen Ball, Head of Anthropology, Durham University - Sleeping with the baby - a question of health OR safety?
- Rosalind Bragg, Director, Maternity Action - Returning to work
- Dr Kajsa Brimdyr, Lead Ethnographic Researcher, Professor, Healthy Child Project - Skin to Skin in the first hour after birth: The implications of labour medications
- Dr Karin Cadwell, Healthy Children Project - Conversing with mothers using relationship theories
- Dr Nikk Conneman Director, Sophia NIDCAP Training Center - Taking care of the very early born infant: Going from system-based to individualised care
- Sue Cooper, Infant Feeding Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust - Setting up a rapid access clinic
- Carmel Duffy, Deputy Programme Director, UNICEF UK Baby Friendly Initiative - Responsiveness - what does it really mean?
- Sally Tedstone, National Breastfeeding Lead, Public Health Wales - Creating supportive environments for breastfeeding
- Kerstin Uvnäs-Moberg, Professor of Physiology, University of Uppsala - The effect of oxytocin on parent-infant relationships
- Laurel Wilson, Author and Executive Director of CAPPA Lactation Programme - Epigenetics and breastfeeding: The potential long-term impact of breastmilk
Download the full conference timetable
For any enquiries related to bookings or questions around the event please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
|Both Days Standard Price
|Both Days Discounted price*
|Single Day Standard Price
|Single Day Discounted price*
* Discount applies for groups of 5 or more delegates booked and paid for together, or all places booked before 7 August 2014.
You can download the Booking Form and return it with payment (card or cheque) or a copy of a Purchase Order if an invoice is required.
Please note places cannot be confirmed without payment and we cannot invoice without a Purchase Order - please allow 5 working days for the invoice to be issued.
Alternatively book online – here you can book and pay online (by card or PayPal), or reserve a place pending payment by invoice or cheque. Individual places or groups can be booked online at the same time. If booking online and selecting payment by invoice or cheque, the cheque or purchase order must reach us by 7 August to guarantee the reduced rate.
The Newcastle Gateshead Convention Bureau is offering an accommodation booking service for delegates. Hotels can be viewed and booked online here.
Please note the booking deadline is 24 October 2014.
Should you have any queries or need any advice about accommodation in Newcastle, you can contact: Julie Rastelletti - email@example.com - 0191 440 5763
Details about exhibiting at our conference will be available shortly. For any questions in the meantime, please contact the Baby Friendly office.
About our conferences
The UNICEF UK Baby Friendly Initiative's conference for health professionals and others involved in the care of mothers and babies is now in its 17th year and is Europe's largest conference on infant feeding.
The conference offers a mixture of innovative, entertaining and challenging presentations on a wide range of issues associated with supporting successful breastfeeding.