Commissioning Infant Feeding Services: A toolkit for Local Authorities provides guidance to help local commissioners protect, promote and support breastfeeding.
The document is jointly branded by Public Health England and UNICEF UK with endorsement from:
- Sally Davies, Chief Medical Officer
- Viv Bennett, Chief Nurse
- Kevin Fenton, Director, Public Health England
The document is divided into:
- Summary: including key messages and themes
- Part 1, Infographics: with easy-to-use slides which provide a concise and accessible overview
- Part 2, Toolkit: detailing what success looks like for a commissioner working within their local authority to promote, protect and support breastfeeding
- Part 3, Data: including guidance on effective data collection, monitoring and reporting.
Please disseminate this guidance widely and distribute to your local commissioners, and help us ensure that every child has the best start in life.