This leaflet offers helpful, practical advice to parents on looking after their baby at night.
The resource covers a range of topics including getting some rest, night feeding, safe sleeping environments and helping baby to settle. It is endorsed by the Lullaby Trust, the Royal College of Midwives (RCM), the Institute of Health Visiting (iHV) and the Community Practitioners and Health Visitors Association (CPHVA).
Caring For Your Baby At Night: A Guide for ParentsDownload
- The Baby Sleep Information Source (Basis) is a collaboration between Durham University Parent-Infant Sleep Lab, La Leche League, NCT, and Unicef UK Baby Friendly Initiative.
- We have collaborated with The Lullaby Trust, Public Health England, and Basis to create a range of resources for parents and health professionals, with accessible guidance on safer sleep practices. These are available to download and buy on The Lullaby Trust website.
- Safer Sleep for babies: a Guide for Parents
- Safer Sleep: Saving Babies Lives a Guide for Professionals
- Safer Sleep for Babies quick reference card.
- Public Health Wales have produced a version of the Caring for your baby at night leaflet in Welsh, which is free to download.