Support for neonatal units to achieve Baby Friendly accreditation
Thanks to the Burdett Trust, six neonatal units are being offered a unique opportunity to receive financial and practical support to gain Unicef UK Baby Friendly accreditation.
The units are working with us to lead the way in improving outcomes for babies and their families:
- Neonatal Unit, Truro, Royal Cornwall Hospital
- Dyson Centre for Neonatal Care, Bath
- Neonatal Unit, St George’s Hospital
- Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne
- Neonatal Unit, Bradford Royal Infirmary
- Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board; Singleton Hospital, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and Princess of Wales, Local Neonatal Unit
These units are receiving expert visits, support with training staff, help with audit and project management and generous support to cover assessment costs.
At our 2017 Neonatal Conference the six units presented their progress in short video: watch now.
We have had an overwhelmingly positive response, with 37% of all neonatal units in the UK applying. We are thrilled at the level of commitment you have all shown to improving outcomes for vulnerable babies and their parents. It’s been heartening to read your fabulous responses. We hope that you will all continue to pursue Baby Friendly accreditation, and hope to be able to offer more funding opportunites in future.