Here are the key forms and documents you will need to work towards the third and final stage of the Rights Respecting Schools Award, Gold: Rights Respecting.
Please read our step-by-step guidance for more information on what you need to do to achieve your Gold: Rights Respecting accreditation.
School Evaluation: Gold
The School Evaluation: Gold form is used to evidence a school’s progress towards meeting the outcomes for the Gold: Rights Respecting accreditation. Schools need to complete the form when they feel ready for their Gold accreditation visit.
School Evaluation: GoldDownload
This checklist gives a succinct overview of what a school needs to do to achieve Gold, the third and final stage of the Award.
The Strands and Outcomes of the Award
For a school to achieve the Gold: Rights Respecting accreditation, it must have evidence that it has reached the three strands of a Rights Respecting School at Gold. A school uses these strands and other guidance provided to plan and monitor progress.
RRSA Strands and Outcomes at Silver and GoldDownload
Planning your actions
Use the Action Plan for Gold document to prioritise and carry out actions in the school. The Action Plan for Gold is a working document, so keep adding actions and reviewing your current position to identify impact on being rights respecting.
Action Plan for GoldDownload
Measuring your impact
You might find it useful to carry out the pupil questionnaires and staff questionnaires so that you have an overview of the staff and pupils’ current knowledge and understanding of children’s rights and the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.
You might find it helpful to transfer the data to the Schools Questionnaire Summary spreadsheet.
Measuring your progress using our pupil and staff questionnaires can be invaluable in showing you the impact that embedding children’s rights is having. It can also be used within the evidence that you present at Gold.
School Questionnaire GuidanceDownload
Schools Questionnaire Summary spreadsheetDownload
RRSA Pupil Questionnaire - Primary SchoolsDownload
RRSA Pupil Questionnaire - Secondary SchoolsDownload
RRSA Staff QuestionnaireDownload
Accreditation visit programme
The accreditation visit programme template provides a suggested programme for the accreditation visit by the UNICEF UK assessor(s). Read all about the Gold: Rights Respecting accreditation process here.
Suggested Gold accreditation visit programmeDownload
Your evidence pack
The purpose of the evidence pack is to give us a feel for your school and the work you have undertaken to become Rights Respecting.
We have produced the guidance below and a template evidence pack to help you bring your evidence together.
- Please be selective – you do not need to send us everything as most of the accreditation process and subsequent report is based on what you, your colleagues and your pupils tell us during the virtual visit.
- Provide the evidence in a single PowerPoint deck (or similar presentation tool) with sections for Strand A, B, C.
- Have a contents page slide for each strand. In your PowerPoint deck (or similar presentation) please aim to include a maximum of 2 or 3 pieces of evidence for each outcome (there are 9 outcomes of the award) with a maximum of 30 slides in total.
- Feel free to include hyperlinks to useful information on your website.
- The evidence should be linked to what you write in your evaluation form so we can cross reference.
- Please ensure we can see the detail on photographs of displays and ensure you are following your child protection policies when sharing photographs and videos.
- We need to receive the evidence at least a week before the accreditation visit and earlier if possible.
- Do involve the pupils in your steering group to help create the evidence presentation if you can.
- Quotes from parents are useful as we often don’t get a chance to speak to them at the virtual visit.
- Short video clips or voice overs are welcome.
- Examples of children’s work on rights are useful and can be photographed and added to the evidence presentation.
We will delete all materials sent after the accreditation report is completed.
Download the Evidence Pack TemplateDownload