Join team Unicef
in the 2.6 Challenge
Join the nation and take part in any activity you like to raise money for children in danger.
What is the 2.6 Challenge?
Many fundraising events in the UK have been postponed or cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic. Whilst we are all hopeful many of these events will go ahead at a later date, there will still be a significant impact on many charities.
In response, the organisers of the biggest mass-participation sports events have come together to create the 2.6 Challenge to raise vital funds to help to support the UK’s charities in these difficult times.
And we need you to be part of our team!
How do I get involved?
There’s no need to be a marathon runner to take part – this is a challenge for all ages, abilities & interests. Just get thinking of an activity based around the numbers 26 or 2.6 and complete it on or from Sunday April 26 (which would’ve been the date of the 2020 London Marathon).
- Choose your 2.6 or 26 challenge (take a look at our inspiration list below to get the creative juices flowing!)
- Set up your JustGiving page here, and share with family & friends so they can sponsor you.
- Take on your challenge from 26th April!
There are no rules (apart from the Government guidelines on how to exercise safely during this time). Whatever you can do, you can be part of it – the main thing is getting active, having fun and donating whatever you can to help save the UK’s charities.
Be sure to celebrate your success by sharing your photos and videos using #TwoPointSixChallenge. Don’t forget to tag Unicef UK so we can join the fun!
If doing a challenge isn’t for you, you could donate £26 instead (or any amount you’d like!).
Here are some fun ideas of how you, along with your friends and family, can participate in the 2.6 Challenge and raise money for Unicef UK:
With the family
- Draw 26 rainbows
- Build the biggest lego tower in 2.6 minutes
- Walk 2.6km inside your house
- Flip 26 pancakes
- Walk up and down the stairs 26 times
- Shoot 26 basketball hoops
- Camp out in your garden on the 26th of April
- Sponsored silence for 26 minutes
On your own
- Read 26 books
- Donate £26
- Learn to count to 26 in a different language
- Run 2.6 miles
- Challenge yourself to 26 press-ups
In a group
- Dance to music with friends for 26 minutes
- A 26 question quiz with 26 friends
- Get 26 friends together for a virtual workout
- Host a virtual supper with 26 friends
- Run a virtual fashion show with 26 outfits
How your 2.6 Challenge will help
The money you raise could change a child’s life forever. It could help provide life-saving food to a malnourished child, or clean water to a family or community. It could provide life-saving healthcare to babies and their mothers. It could provide mosquito nets, or even protective equipment for health workers, to keep them safe from disease.
As a children’s charity, we work with families, communities and governments in over 190 countries to tackle the root causes, as well as the symptoms, of problems directly affecting children. We’ve been working for children since 1946, and we won’t stop now. Our work is to deliver long-term aid that creates lasting change for children as well as addressing children’s immediate needs.
And your support makes this possible.
Your fundraising will go to support Unicef’s work around the world.