Create lasting change for children
Significant donations from philanthropists like you are crucial to our work for children. Major gifts enable us to be there for children in danger around the world and create lasting change.
We work with leading philanthropists across a variety of sectors, who donate £5,000 or more. Read on to find out more about making a large one-off or regular donation.
Why give to UNICEF?
- We are the world’s leading organisation working for children in over 190 countries
- We have 70 years’ experience in delivering lasting change and in responding to the evolving challenges children around the world are facing
- We work with communities and governments to tackle the root causes as well as the symptoms of problems directly affecting children
- Wherever a humanitarian emergency happens UNICEF is there (allowing us to respond within 48 hours)
- We deliver long-term, sustainable solutions as well as addressing children’s immediate need
- We have the largest supply network in the world – this enables us to achieve cost savings and rapidly deliver essential supplies to wherever they are needed, by land, sea or air
- We have helped develop simple, affordable and innovative solutions to complicated problems.
As supporters of UNICEF for many years, we continue to be impressed. Working at both government and community level, UNICEF maintains its independence: enabling its staff to work efficiently in so many different countries.
What we offer philanthropists
- Dedicated support from a member of our Philanthropy team
- A choice of how your donation is used.* You can either leave it to us to use your donation wherever children’s needs are greatest, or you can give to a specific programme or area of work – for example, to help children in humanitarian emergencies
- Specific initiatives that you can support, including the 7 Fund Giving Club and our Global Guardians programme
- Invitations to exclusive events, including our annual, star-studded gala event, the Halloween Ball
- Tailored proposals
- Regular reporting back on the impact of your donation
- The chance to see our projects first hand*
- The chance to make a genuine difference to the lives of the most vulnerable children
- Opportunities to involve your children and family with your philanthropy
* dependent on the level of investment
Get in touch
If you are an individual philanthropist or looking to make a big donation as a family we would love to hear from you. You can contact us at [email protected] and a member of our Philanthropy Team will be in touch.