Here are some examples of how the donations you raise through your fundraising could help transform children’s lives.
You could include these examples in your emails, or on your online fundraising page and social media platforms to encourage your friends and family to donate.
UNICEF is supported entirely by your donations so together we can help build a better world for children everywhere.
Where does the money I raise go?
The donations you raise could provide medicine, food, water, education and protection to help make a lasting difference to the lives of children around the world. Here are some of the ways your fundraising could help:
- £20 could buy 100 bars of soap to keep hands clean
- A donation of £56 could buy 20,000 water purification tablets to provide safe drinking water
- £140 could buy a bicycle for a school child or health worker
- 2 water pumps for a school or community costs £514. These pumps provide essential clean, safe drinking water
- If you raised £1,042, this could provide a tent for a temporary school or clinic to help children affected by natural disaster, war or displacement
You’re helping to transform lives
As the world’s leading children’s organisation, UNICEF works to support children and young people like Steven in central Malawi.
“I used to wake up at 3am to fetch water”, Steven recalls. “I was often too tired to go to school.” And the water made him sick. “I sometimes missed classes for a week or two.”
In 2021, UNICEF helped to install a solar-powered water system. Now running water is piped to six taps in the village, freeing Steven and his ambitions. “I want to be a pilot – this wasn’t possible when I was missing classes.”