In 2016, supporters helped Unicef UK raise a record £102.8 million for children in danger. Read our annual report to find out more about Unicef UK’s work.
Your support helped us provide:
- Emergency humanitarian aid for children in more than 40 countries
- 14 million tetanus vaccines for mums and babies through our Pampers 1 pack = 1 vaccine campaign
- Clean water for 4.5 million people in Syria
- Life-saving food for 1 million severely malnourished children in East and Southern Africa
- and much, much more.
In the UK:
- 600,000 newborn babies were supported by our Baby Friendly initiative
- More than 1.5 million children now attend a Rights Respecting School
- 175,000 people signed our petition to reunite unaccompanied refugee children with family in the UK.
Unicef: 70 years of working for children
In 2016 Unicef marked 70 years of working for children around the world. In this time, no organisation has done more to save and change children’s lives. The year saw three achievements of outstanding significance for our work to protect children in danger:
- Soccer Aid raised a record breaking £6.6 million for children, and was watched live by 4.3 million TV viewers and a crowd of 70,000 at Old Trafford.
- Our winter appeal for people to help Syria’s children stay safe and warm raised more than £5.5 million.
- 7: The David Beckham Unicef Fund raised over £2.2 million for children in seven countries or regions.
Thank you to everyone who helped us achieve so much for children in 2016.