In 2020, supporters helped UNICEF UK raise £109.4 million to help build a safer world for every child. Read our annual report to find out more about UNICEF UK’s work.
UNICEF UK 2020 in numbers:
- £24.5 million raised to support humanitarian emergencies for children in more than 40 countries.
- More than 27 million people reached by our Save Generation Covid campaign, supporting UNICEF’s work to help children and families affected by the Covid-19 pandemic.
- £5.7 million committed to protect children from hunger and malnutrition.
- Soccer Aid 2020 raised £9.3 million, including match funding from the UK Government and Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance.
In the UK:
- 27,000 people signed our petition calling on the UK Government to help end child deaths from preventable disease.
- More than 600,000 newborn babies supported by UNICEF’s Baby Friendly Initiative.
- Over 1.5 million children go to schools that are putting rights at the heart of their culture.
Read more about how UNICEF has helped children in 2020.