Set up a bucket collection for Unicef
Holding a charity bucket collection is an easy way to raise funds for children in danger whilst raising awareness at the same time. Remember to have fun but also keep it legal!
Step by step guide
Follow these charity bucket collections rules for success:
1. Whether you are collecting money for charity on the street, in other public spaces or at a supermarket, you must obtain permission first. Visit our legal guidelines for more information.
2. Once you’ve confirmed the date and venue for your charity collection, complete our materials order form [hyperlink] to order your charity buckets and t-shirts.
3. Where possible, get a few more volunteers to help you shake a charity bucket.
4. If it’s a long day, consider having a rota for your volunteers but make sure there’s always someone to cover the peak times.
5. Dressing up often helps draw attention and will most certainly give your fundraising a boost.
6. Once you’ve completed the collection, please follow our ‘How To Send In Your Money Guidelines’ [hyperlink] to send us the funds.
7. Return your collection buckets to Unicef UK.
To maximise your fundraising, you can also place a charity box in local shops, your office receptions, restaurants and pubs. Make sure you seek permission from the owner before ordering your donation box.
Need more help?
• Check out our fundraising Help and FAQs
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Call our Supporter Care team on 0300 330 5580