In 2017, supporters helped Unicef UK raise £100.2 million to help create a world fit for every child. Read our annual report to find out more about Unicef UK’s work.
Your support helped Unicef provide:
- Emergency humanitarian aid for children in more than 100 countries
- Education for 8.8 million children affected by war or disaster
- Clean water for 5.9 million people in Syria
- Life-saving food for 4 million severely malnourished children
- and much, much more.
In the UK:
- 690,000 newborn babies were supported by our Baby Friendly initiative
- More than 1.5 million children now attend a Rights Respecting School
- 85,000 people took action in support of our campaign to reunite unaccompanied refugee children with family in the UK.
World Children’s Day 2017
On 20 November, Unicef held a series of events to mark World’s Children’s Day and the anniversary of the adoption of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child:
- Unicef Goodwill Ambassador David Beckham released a heart-warming film that reached more than 11.5 million people
- Outright empowered UK schoolchildren to speak out in support of children’s rights around the world
- Paddington Bear supported World Children’s Day in his first job as an official champion for children.
Thank you to everyone who helped us achieve so much for children in 2017.