In 2021, supporters helped UNICEF UK raise £141.8 million to help build a better world for every child. Read our annual report to find out more about UNICEF UK’s work.
UNICEF UK 2021 in numbers:
- £32.5 million raised to support humanitarian emergencies for children in more than 52 countries.
- UK supporters donated more than £19.5 million for UNICEF’s response to the global coronavirus crisis.
- £6.8 million committed to prevent children dying from preventable diseases.
- Soccer Aid 2021 raised £13 million, including match funding from the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF).
- 70 young people from around the world attended the UN Climate Change Conference held in Glasgow
In the UK:
- 36,000 people signed our petition calling on the UK Government to commit to equitable access to COVID-19 vaccines.
- More than 600,000 newborn babies supported by UNICEF’s Baby Friendly Initiative.
- Over 1.5 million children go to schools that are putting rights at the heart of their culture.
- More than 500,000 children in the UK were living in a community working with UNICEF UK to put children’s rights at the heart of local decisions, services, and spaces.
Read more about how UNICEF has helped children in 2021.