How we work together
Manchester United and Unicef have been working together since 1999 – the longest collaboration between a football club and a global charity. Together, we are helping every child to grow up healthy and strong.
Over the past 20 years, the United for Unicef partnership has helped to raise over £5 million for some of the most vulnerable children in the world. Together we have been able to:
- Spread HIV awareness to protect children
- Improve children’s education in Myanmar
- Provide life-saving food and water in emergencies
- Protect children from abuse in Vietnam
- Vaccinate children during a measles outbreak in Syria
United for Unicef has also helped to raise awareness of important Unicef research, including reports on child nutrition and supporting children with disabilities.
What we’re doing
UNITED FOR UNICEF IN THAILAND
Manchester United is supporting education programmes in Thailand, which are helping to:
- Provide children and adolescents with access to quality education.
- Equip children with the skills they need to be resilient, employable and able to thrive.
- Bring the joy of sport to some of the most disadvantaged children in the country.
UNITED FOR UNICEF IN EMERGENCIES
United for Unicef supports Unicef’s vital emergency work.
Recently, for example, United for Unicef has helped supply life-saving supplies for children following a devastating cyclone in Mozambique.
What we’ve achieved
working together to support vulnerable children worldwide.
raised for programmes around the world.
Unicef has always been a charity close to my heart, having worked closely with them as a player and now as an Ambassador in Norway. I have seen first-hand the powerful impact they have on children worldwide.